Friday, April 25, 2014

Nokia is now part of Microsoft

Today the acquisition of Nokia by Microsoft is complete.  The shareholders approved the acquisition and all the regulatory red tape has been cut through.  Long before the smartphone of today, there was Nokia.  The first cell phone I had was a Nokia.   It was a brick of a cell phone and then the candy-bar Nokia cell phones started to show up.  In those early years of the cell phone the Nokia phones always seemed a little heavier and sturdier.  They were ahead of the game when cameras were introduced into cell phones.  When the texting craze started Nokia had the 6800.  The 6800 was a candy-bar phone where the top part of the keypad flipped open to a keyboard when turning the phone horizontal.  I am hoping that creativity comes back.  I like the Nokia blue but I don't want the blue screen of death on my phone.  

No comments: